Please obtain a referral letter from your physician who has been attending to your medical condition. This letter should include the following information:
- Detailed description of your medical condition which requires attention
- Your medical history
- Types of medication which you are taking
- Relevant medical records
You can request that your physician contact the specialist in Singapore at the healthcare provider of your choice. Your physician may send his referral letter to the specialist ahead of your trip so that the specialist can expect you. Alternatively, you can bring these documents with you and present them to the specialist in Singapore.
Do visit the websites of the various healthcare establishments in Singapore to obtain information about their services and doctors. For a list of Singapore's healthcare providers, please click here.
Once you have selected a healthcare provider, do contact its International Patient Service Centre for assistance on planning your trip to Singapore. Besides assisting with your queries, the centre's personnel can help with the planning of your medical trip and handle administrative procedures to ensure that you have a seamless and hassle-free journey to Singapore.
International Patient Service Centres provide a wide range of useful services for international patients including:
- Doctor's referral and medical appointments
- Visa applications and extensions
- Flight arrangements and airport transfer services
- Accommodation bookings for accompanying persons
- Language interpretation services
- Advice on cost estimates and medical financial counselling
- Private nursing
- Arrangements for special dietary requirements
- Religious arrangements
- Concierge services
- Emergency care and non-emergency care
- Air evacuation and repatriation
- Visitor information and local sightseeing arrangements
Singapore's healthcare providers have also set up liaison offices across the world to serve international patients better. Enquiries and medical appointments can be arranged through these offices and representatives nearest to you. Countries where Singapore's healthcare providers are represented include:
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
You can hand-carry your personal medicines with you if they do not contain controlled substances. Please check with the Health Sciences Authority for a list of controlled substances or seek advice from the Singapore Embassy prior to your trip.
All medicines (especially liquid medications) should be properly labelled and accompanied by a doctor's prescription letter to facilitate custom clearance.