- Singapore is the first in South-east Asia to have the 'da Vinci' Si dual console surgical robot. Patients are benefited by robotic surgery because of smaller incisions, less blood loss and less post-operative pain.
- Singapore performs world's first operation for a rare ectopic pregnancy with a single incision exclusively through the belly button.
- Singapore performs more DSAEK (transplant of the inner endothelial layer of cornea) surgeries than any single institution in Europe or Asia.
- Singapore pioneers the Triple Endobutton Technique, a new technique to treat shoulder injuries.
- Singapore performs Asia's first percutaneous aortic valve replacement (an alternative for patients unable to undergo traditional surgery techniques).
- Singapore successfully performs Asia's first combined heart and liver transplant surgery.
- Singapore is first in Asia to introduce total peritonectomy, a radical multi-disciplinary surgical procedure to treat advanced cancers.
- Singapore performed Southeast Asia's first open-heart microsurgery on two neonatal babies whose hearts were just 2 cm across.
- Singapore introduced Southeast Asia's first non-surgical treatment of uterine fibroids by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Singapore pioneered the World's first High Definition (HD) Telemedicine transmission in Ophthalmology.
- Singapore performed Asia's first kidney cum bone marrow transplant.
- Singapore achieved a breakthrough on stem cells in a clinical trial to treat defects in knee cartilage.
- Singapore performed Asia's first Delta Reversed Shoulder Replacement (a technique to relieve pain and return function to patients with shoulder arthritis due to rotator cuff tears).
- Singapore opened Southeast Asia's first public cord blood bank.
- Singapore doctors and dentists successfully completed a revolutionary "tooth-in-eye" surgical procedure to make a blind boy see again - first of its kind in Southeast Asia.
- World's first interactive computer-aided vision improvement centre opens in Singapore.
- Singapore doctors successfully performed a separation surgery on Korean twins conjoined at the pelvis.
- Singapore doctors performed Southeast Asia's first unrelated adult living donor liver transplant.
- Singapore performed the world's first modified jaw advancement technique for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Asians.
- Singapore performed the world's first successful cord blood transplant from an unrelated donor on a patient with Thalassaemia Major.
- Singapore surgeons successfully separated a pair of craniopagus (joined at the head) conjoined twins from Nepal.
- Singapore doctors carried out Southeast Asia's first heart transplant using a Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD), an electronic heart device, on a 36-year-old patient suffering from severely impaired heart function.
- Singapore doctors performed Asia's first Unicompartmental Arthroplasty - a minimally-invasive surgery that offers an effective treatment option for patients with arthritis of the medial compartment of the knee.
- Singapore produced the world's first births from frozen eggs and frozen testicular sperm.
- Singapore doctors carry out the world's first successful peripheral blood stem cell transplant from an unrelated donor on a patient suffering from Thalassemia Major.
- Singapore produced the world's first blastocyst transfer baby.
- Singapore produced the world's first human tubal co-culture baby.
- Singapore produced the world's first embryo baby.
- Asia's first In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) baby was conceived in Singapore.