The Institute of Mental Health (IMH) is a 2,000-bed acute tertiary psychiatric hospital with 51 wards and three Outpatient Specialist Clinics. It was the first mental health institution in the region to receive Joint Commission International certification in September 2005.
Equipped with modern facilities, IMH offers a comprehensive range of psychiatric, rehabilitative and counselling services that meet the special needs of children and adolescents, adults and the elderly. Its clinical departments include: General Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Community Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Early Psychosis Intervention and Addiction Medicine.
IMH also provides integrated and accessible care to patients through its satellite clinics and day centres. The hospital's multi-disciplinary approach to patient care is supported by the Nursing, Clinical Psychology, Occupational Therapy and Medical Social Work departments.
IMH also runs mental health education programmes for the public, coordinates and oversees the training of clinicians in psychiatry and conducts mental health related-research. As Singapore's only tertiary psychiatric institution, IMH is committed to establishing a thriving research culture to provide more evidence-based psychiatric care for our patients as well as to become a centre of learning and sharing with both local and overseas counterparts.
Services available at IMH include:
- Sayang Wellness Centre (Boutique Mental Wellness Centre)
- Child Guidance Clinics, Anxiety and Mood Clinic, Sleep Disorder Clinic and Sexual Dysfunction Clinic
- Community Addictions Management and Early Psychosis Intervention Programmes
- Psychological Services and Psychotherapy
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
- Community Wellness Centre
- Corporate Consulting Services
- Satellite pharmacy at Geylang Behavioural Medicine Clinic.
- Horticulture Therapy to provide regularly gardening activities for patients as a therapeutic activity.
- Clozapine Clinic to assist and monitor patients prescribed with clozapine.